We are back this time with a Z590 motherboard! This one is also from Gigabyte and if you remember from the last review of the Z490 AORUS Master I was really excited to be able to try both motherboards with the new Intel i9 11900K processor. I faced a few challenges with the Z490. Most of that challenge was the RAM. I was struggling to get anything to run over 4000MHz. I hoped that it was the chipset and not a weak Memory controller on the processor. That is one of the first things I am going to try when I get this motherboard up and running. Because I can’t be sure either way until I try this new i9 on a Z590 chipset. So until then we will continue with all the details of the Z590 VISION G we have before us. This motherboard is definitely different than what I have covered from in Gigabyte in the past.
Everything we have received has been geared towards gamers. This motherboard can easily be used as a gaming motherboard but it is geared towards creators. The creator lineup is becoming more and more prevalent. And yes most of the RGB has been replaced with white. Creators like RGB too right? Anyways you can easily tell this is not your typical layout you would find on a gaming motherboard. The Z590 VISION G board is super focused on storage and connectivity. The storage and connectivity capabilities are going to the most important aspects of a motherboard for a creator. One test to mention before we get to far into the is review will be using the Gigabyte VISION drive 1TB Upgrade Kit to test the transfer speed of the USB3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C connectors. Use the link to check out our review of that drive! Being able to quickly transfer large files using the USC-C connection would be of great use to any creator! So now that we have a little introduction to what we are about to dive into, lets not delay this anymore and make our way through this review.
VISION Series motherboards are built for creator pc. It featured with reliable performance, impressive connectivity, expandable on graphics, and ultra-fast storage for creators to deal with heavy design workloads such as video editing and 3D rendering. It’s the perfect fit for DIY creators to build their own ideal machine.
I would like to thank Gigabyte for providing this review samples! Without their support this review would not happen. So a big Thank You goes out to GIGABYTE! Let us see what they have to say about themselves on their website:
See the the Passion of Creation – Vision Series
VISION motherboards were designed with creators in mind, offering a no compromises platform that excels in performance, functionality, and stability. The VISION Series pave the way for creators to work faster and efficiently with powerful VRM Design, next generation connectivity, and creator focused features. Each VISION motherboard is tailored and designed with a use case in mind and continues to drive stability, improved performance, and easy connectivity.
“VISION is the ability to see beyond. It is an attitude to create with tremendous dedication and craftsmanship. With VISION, you can see more, explore more, and achieve more. Let VISION help your creativity flow with its minimalist design language, thoughtful features, reliable operation, and powerful performance”
The Z590 VISION series motherboards keep the VISION white styling with exclusive hardware design to provide creators with an improved working efficiency. The Z590 VISION series motherboards inherit GIGABYTE’s leadership in motherboard power design and VRM thermal design, using up to 12-phase direct power design paired with highly durable DrMOS to provide the best power delivery. Solid power pin connectors on the Z590 VISION series motherboards ensure that the power delivery is stable while reducing excess heat during high workload to prevent throttling, and make the processor more stable to avoid downtime due to an unstable power supply. With the new design of the fins-array, direct-touch heat-pipe, large heat sinks and Smart Fan 6, it not only strengthens the thermal effect, but also takes into account the appearance design, allowing the GIGABYTE Z590 VISION motherboards to be both stylish and thermally efficient.
Lets move on the next page and see what the Gigabyte Z590 VISION G packaging beholds!
- Z590 VISION G motherboard
- Four SATA cables
- Motherboard driver disc
- One noise detection cable
- User’s Manual
- M.2 screw(s)
- Powerful performance support 11th and 10th Gen Intel® Core™ series processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4 memory, 4 DIMMs
- Go further without more cables by VisionLINK I/O design
- High-bandwidth and low-latency network support by Intel® 2.5GbE LAN
- Comprehensive connectivity by front and rear USB3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C® connectors
- PCIe 4.0 hardware design and maximum memory capacity up to 128GB for empowering real-time workload
- 4 Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe x4 M.2 connectors with unique thermal guards
- Effective cooling solution design for the better thermal dissipation
- Smart Fan 6 features hybrid fan headers and numerous temperature sensors for fan mode configuration
- Q-Flash Plus Updates BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
- LGA1200 package
- 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i9 processors / Intel® Core™ i7 processors / Intel® Core™ i5 processors
- 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i9 processors / Intel® Core™ i7 processors / Intel® Core™ i5 processors / Intel® Core™ i3 processors/ Intel® Pentium® processors / Intel® Celeron® processors*
* Limited to processors with 4 MB Intel® Smart Cache, Intel® Celeron® G5xx5 family.
- L3 cache varies with CPU
(Please refer to “CPU Support List” for more information.)
- Intel® Z590 Express Chipset
- 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i9/i7/i5 processors:
Support for DDR4 5333(O.C.)/ DDR4 5133(O.C.)/DDR4 5000(O.C.)/4933(O.C.)/4800(O.C.)/ 4700(O.C.)/ 4600(O.C.)/ 4500(O.C.)/ 4400(O.C.)/ 4300(O.C.)/4266(O.C.) / 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200 / 3000 / 2933 / 2800 / 2666 / 2400 / 2133 MHz memory modules
- 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i9/i7 processors:
Support for DDR4 2933/2666/2400/2133 MHz memory modules
- 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5/i3 /Pentium®/Celeron® processors:
Support for DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz memory modules
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB (32 GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
- Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer “Memory Support List” for more information.)
- Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
- 1 x USB Type-C® port, supporting USB Type-C® and DisplayPort video outputs and a maximum resolution of 4096×2304@60 Hz.
* Support for drawing tablets and 20V@3A of power delivery.
*Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version and HDCP 2.31
- 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096×2160@30 Hz
* Support for HDMI 1.4 version and HDCP 2.3.
- 1 x USB Type-C® port, supporting USB Type-C® and DisplayPort video outputs and a maximum resolution of 4096×2304@60 Hz.
(Supported graphics specifications may vary depending on CPU or graphics card used.)
- Realtek® ALC4080 codec
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- Intel® 2.5GbE LAN chip (2.5 Gbit/1 Gbit/100 Mbit
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot operates at up to x8 mode.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
- Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFire™ and 2-Way AMD CrossFire™ technologies
- 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2A_CPU)*
* Supported by 11th Generation processors only.
- 2 x M.2 connectors (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 PCIe 4.0* x4/x2 SSD support) (M2B_CPU)(M2C_CPU)
- 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2A_CPU)*
- 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe 3.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2P_SB)
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* Refer to “1-7 Internal Connectors,” for the installation notices for the M.2 and SATA connectors.
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- 2 x USB Type-C® ports, with USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 support (1 port on the back panel, 1 port available through the internal USB header)
- 1 x USB Type-C® port on the back panel, with USB 3.2 Gen 1 support
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports available through the internal USB header
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports on the back panel
- Chipset+USB 3.2 Gen 1 Hub
- 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports on the back panel
- Chipset+USB 2.0 Hub
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB headers
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 1 x water cooling CPU fan header
- 4 x system fan headers
- 2 x addressable LED strip headers
- 2 x RGB LED strip headers
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 4 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 1 x USB Type-C® header, with USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 support
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen1 header
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module header (For the GC-TPM2.0 SPI / GC-TPM2.0 SPI 2.0 module only)
- 2 x Thunderbolt™ add-in card connectors
- 1 x serial port header
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x Q-Flash Plus button
- 1 x noise detection header
Back Panel Connectors
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
- 1 x DisplayPort In port
- 1 x HDMI port
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A ports
- 1 x USB Type-C® port, with USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 support
- 1 x USB Type-C® port, with USB 3.2 Gen 1 support
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 6 x audio jacks
- iTE® I/O Controller Chip
- Voltage detection
- Temperature detection
- Fan speed detection
- Water cooling flow rate detection
- Fan fail warning
- Fan speed control
* Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you install.
- Noise detection
- 1 x 256 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
- Support for APP Center
* Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
- Fast Boot
- Game Boost
- ON/OFF Charge
- RGB Fusion
- Smart Backup
- System Information Viewer
- Support for Q-Flash Plus
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress Install
- Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
- Support for Windows 10 64-bit
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
* The entire materials provided herein are for reference only. GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.
Now lets move on to the next page and take a closer look at the Gigabyte Z590 VISION G!
A Closer Look
Go Further Without More Cables
GIGABYTE VisionLINK is an extension of your idea and creation. Transmitting data, video output, and power charging all through one USB Type-C® cable will simplify the user experience than ever. With seamless multitasking between your PC and devices, it lets you work like a pro.
The VisionLINK technology allows for data and video transmission based on USB Type-C Interface and it provides power delivery up to 60W. VisionLINK technology lets creators not only without cable clutter, but also the benefit of data, video, and power charging at the same time. One USB Type-C cable connected, turn the workspace into neat and tidy. VisionLINK TB is an advanced version of VisionLINK technology. It is based on Thunderbolt 4 delivers 40Gb/s high-bandwidth speeds, data transferring, video signal, 60W power charging, and daisy chain function to support up to 10 devices connection.
All at One Cable that Does It All
Did you experience your pen display connecting to the PC with lots of cables? GIGABYTE VisionLINK lets you not only without cable clutter, but also the benefit of data, video, and power charging the same time. One USB Type-C® cable connected, turn your workspace into neat and tidy.
Ever wondered if you can have a high-end graphic performance of your pen display? The DisplayPort™_In design provides the external graphic performance and the superior GPU ability for your pen display to use it. It brings your creation with incredible realism and performance.
DisplayPort™ Alternate Mode with USB Power Delivery
VisionLINK equips with the unique capability of data delivery, the DisplayPort Alternate Mode for the video signal, and 60W Power Delivery design for your devices charging. It’s a perfectly tailored connectivity for creators and professional artists.
Intel® 2.5GbE Connectivity
High-Bandwidth and Low-Latency access.
The adoption of Intel® 2.5G LAN provides up to 2.5GbE network connectivity, with at least 2X faster transfer speeds compared to general 1GbE networking. It gives an immediate boost to overall network performance and improves the bandwidth required at large file transfers, video editing, and performance workloads.
SuperSpeed USB 20Gbps
No Hassle Connection.
To feature the USB 3.2 Gen2x2 connectivity design, which is double performance than the current USB3.2 Gen2. It works up to 20Gbps ultra-fast data transfer while connecting to USB 3.2 compliant peripherals. You can enjoy the ultimate connection flexibility to access and store massive amounts of data rapidly.
Full PCIe 4.0 Design*
For most prosumers and content creators, high bandwidth storage and high performance graphics card or accelerator cards are critical for their projects. This is especially true for 3D rendering and creating high resolution textures. To support most cutting edge devices, this motherboard support variety of PCIe 4.0 devices, including graphics card and M.2 SSD. *Product uses PCIe 4.0 grade material, actual support varies by hardware configuration.
SSD Read Speed
Content creators workflows constantly involve huge files, such as images, videos, and 3D models. Time for editing, saving, and transferring those huge files can be substantially reduced with the new generation PCIe 4.0 SSD.
PCIe Bandwidth* Up to 31.58GB/s from new PCIe 4.0 x16 slot designs for the next generation add on cards need tremendous bandwidth, including the graphics card, deep learning accelerator card, and the video capture card
Single 32GB Support
Bring your tasks without lag.
The maximum memory capacity on the Z590 motherboard is 128GB with the single slot supports up to 32GB. You can experience fast performance while working on complex design tasks, and getting real-time results.
Quad PCIe M.2
Faster Speed. More Space.
Z590 VISION G equips with up to 4 PCIe M.2 slots, delivering superior bandwidth and upgrading your storage capacity for accelerating your workflows. M.2 PCIe SSD gives you 7X faster data transferring experience compared to 2.5″ SATA solid state drives. Enable the creativity to flow from thought to draft faster and get responsive performance without a wait.
NVMe PCIe x4 M.2
GIGABYTE M.2 solution offers considerably high storage performance and provides ideal storage with RAID modes. To feature with 3 full-speed PCIe 4.0* M.2 connectors to deliver the blazing-fast storage available. Offering the best configuration in terms of NVMe storage for creators who demand high capacity, fast storage options, and complex 3D model rendering.
* Product uses PCIe 4.0 grade material, actual support varies by hardware configuration.
* Once PCIe M.2 SSD is populated in any of the middle two M.2 connectors, the PCIe 4.0 x16 slot operates at up to x8 bandwidth.
Creates Exclusive Storage Performance Exclusive triple NVMe PCIe 4.0* x4 M.2 design offers ultra-fast storage performance in RAID 0 support. You can easily handle the most data-intensive tasks by this configuration.
An effective cooling solution is essential for a heavy design workload to get away with slowdown, crashes, and unexpected shutdown. To reach a perfect balance between style and performance by implementing the Fins-Array heatsink and Direct Touch Heatpipe. Not only increasing the heat dissipation surface to ensure the stability during creative work but with a stylish aesthetic.
M.2 Thermal Guard
GIGABYTE provides an Ultra-Efficient thermal solution for the latest PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD drives. The unique M.2 Thermal Guard prevents all the M.2 SSD from thermal throttling and dissipates heat before it becomes an issue.
Numerous hybrid fan headers and temperature sensors are planted on the motherboard to monitor in real time and configure fan mode to fit different workloads via Smart Fan 6. Creators are allowed to set the trigger point to activate the fan and its corresponding speed. The fan completely stops when performing light tasks to avoid noise.
Now lets move on to the Bios of the Z590 VISION G!
- New User Interface
- All new EASY MODE shows important hardware information in one page including CPU clock, Memory, Storage, Fan.
- My Favorites
- Add constantly used items into the favorite menu for quick access.
- Storage Information
- Show all kinds of storage information including SATA, PCIE and M.2 interface.
- List all changes before saving and exiting bios. Quickly review overall settings modification.
- Intuitive Load Line Curve
- Clearly show each loadline calibration setting in an intuitive curve graph.
GIGABYTE RGB Fusion APP
Don’t just make your PC shine, make it a work of art that friends will envy. With the GIGABYTE RGB Fusion mobile app users can watch as they control the lighting within their gaming PC. This gives users ease of access as they try and adjust colors and speeds for different modes, all this can be achieved away from the keyboard and monitor of their PC
GIGABYTE’s EasyTune is a simple and easy-to-use interface that allows users to fine-tune their system settings or adjust system and memory clocks and voltages in a Windows environment. With Smart Quick Boost, one click is all it takes to automatically overclock your system, giving an added performance boost when you need it the most.
System Information Viewer
GIGABYTE System Information Viewer is a central location that gives you access to your current system status. Monitor components such as the clocks and processor, set your preferred fan speed profile, create alerts when temperatures get too high or record your system’s behavior; these are the possibilities of the System Information Viewer.
The GIGABYTE @BIOS app allows you to update your system’s BIOS from within Windows using a simple and slick graphical user interface. @BIOS can automatically download the latest version from the GIGABYTE servers or you can update your BIOS from a file on your computer. @BIOS also allows you to save your current BIOS to a file, recover your previous BIOS from an image and backup your BIOS to an image.
Now lets move on to the next page and check out the new Intel i9 11900K!
Intel Core i9 11900K Processor
Features and Specifications
- Product Collection 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i9 Processors
- Code Name Products formerly Rocket Lake
- Vertical Segment Desktop
- Processor Number i9-11900K
- Status Launched
- Launch Date Q1’21
- Lithography14 nm
- Use Conditions PC/Client/Tablet
- Recommended Customer Price $539.00 – $549.00
- # of Cores 8
- # of Threads 16
- Processor Base Frequency 3.50 GHz
- Max Turbo Frequency 5.30 GHz
- Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost Frequency 5.30 GHz
- Cache16 MB Intel® Smart Cache
- Bus Speed 8 GT/s
- Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Frequency 5.20 GHz
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Frequency 5.10 GHz
- TDP 125 W
- Configurable TDP-down Frequency 3.00 GHz
- Configurable TDP-down 95 W
- Embedded Options Available No
- Datasheet View now
- Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 128 GB
- Memory Types DDR4-3200
- Max # of Memory Channels 2
- Max Memory Bandwidth 50 GB/s
- ECC Memory Supported No
- Processor Graphics ‡Intel® UHD Graphics 750
- Graphics Base Frequency 350 MHz
- Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency 1.30 GHz
- Graphics Video Max Memory 64 GB
- Execution Units 32
- 4K Support Yes, at 60Hz
- Max Resolution (HDMI) 4096×2160@60Hz
- Max Resolution (DP) 5120 x 3200 @60Hz
- Max Resolution (eDP – Integrated Flat Panel) 5120 x 3200 @60Hz
- DirectX* Support 12.1
- OpenGL* Support 4.5
- Intel® Quick Sync Video Yes
- Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology Yes
- Intel® Clear Video HD Technology Yes
- Intel® Clear Video Technology Yes
- # of Displays Supported 3
- Device ID 0x4C8A
- OpenCL* Support 3.0
- Scalability 1S Only
- PCI Express Revision 4.0
- PCI Express Configurations Up to 1×16+1×4, 2×8+1×4, 1×8+3×4
- Max # of PCI Express Lanes 20
- Sockets Supported FCLGA1200
- Max CPU Configuration 1
- Thermal Solution Specification PCG 2019A
- Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost Temperature 70 °C
- TJUNCTION 100°C
- Package Size 37.5 mm x 37.5 mm
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost (Intel® DL Boost) Yes
- Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost Yes
- Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Yes
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Intel vPro® Platform Eligibility Yes
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology Yes
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) Yes
- Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) Yes
- Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT) Yes
- Intel® 64 Yes
- Instruction Set 64-bit
- Instruction Set Extensions Intel® SSE4.1, Intel® SSE4.2, Intel® AVX2, Intel® AVX-512
- Idle States Yes
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology Yes
- Thermal Monitoring Technologies Yes
- Intel® Identity Protection Technology Yes
- Intel® Stable Image Platform Program (SIPP) Yes
- Intel® Gaussian and Neural Accelerator 2.0 Yes
- Intel® AES New Instructions Yes
- Secure Key Yes
- Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)No
- Intel® OS Guard Yes
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology Yes
- Execute Disable Bit Yes
- Intel® Boot Guard Yes
Now that we have all the details covered. Lets move on to what we have been waiting for and put this setup to the test!
Performance and Benchmarking
For our test rig we paired the card with an Intel i9 11900K (Rocket Lake), Gigabyte Z590 VISION G motherboard and 16GB of Aorus RGB DDR4-4800 memory. All tests are conducted using default speeds on CPU, Card, and RAM unless noted otherwise
|CPU||Intel i9 11900K (Rocket Lake)|
|Cooling||Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240 Illusion|
|Motherboard||Gigabyte Z590 VISION G|
|Ram||Aorus RGB DDR4-4800 16GB (2×8)|
|HDD||Samsung 960 EVO 250GB PCIE M.2 SSD|
|PSU||Antec Signature Series 1000W|
|VGA card||EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming|
AIDA64 Memory Benchmarks
AIDA64 CPU Tests
We would like to thank Futuremark for providing the 3DMark software for use in this testing.
3DMark is arguably the most popular graphics card benchmarking software known to the world. For more than a decade, users have been using the software made by Futuremark to make and break world records and to also test overclocks. The latest version simply known as 3DMark includes several tests for DirectX 9, 10, 11 and 12 hardware. This version also supports cross-platform benchmarking including smartphones and tablets (Android and iOS) this time around. We used the Fire Strike Ultra, and Time Spy benchmarks (all at default settings). I will let the numbers do the talking.
3DMark Time Spy is a new DirectX 12 benchmark test for Windows 10 gaming PCs. Time Spy is one of the first DirectX 12 apps to be built “the right way” from the ground up to fully realize the performance gains that the new API offers. With its pure DirectX 12 engine, which supports new API features like asynchronous compute, explicit multi-adapter, and multi-threading, Time Spy is the ideal test for benchmarking the latest graphics cards.
Fire Strike is a showcase DirectX 11 benchmark designed for today’s high-performance gaming PCs. It is our most ambitious and technical benchmark ever, featuring real-time graphics rendered with detail and complexity far beyond what is found in other benchmarks and games today.
3DMark v2 – Port Royal (DXR – Ray Tracing)
Port Royal is a graphics card benchmark for testing real-time ray tracing performance. To run this test, you must have a graphics card and drivers that support Microsoft DirectX Raytracing.
Final Fantasy Official Benchmark
See just how well FINAL FANTASY XIV will run on your computer. This official benchmark software uses actual maps and playable characters to assign a score to your PC and rate its performance. A character creation tool is also included, allowing you to view a playable character as they will appear in-game.
PCMark 10 is the latest in our series of industry standard PC benchmarks. Updated for Windows 10 with new and improved workloads, PCMark 10 is also faster and easier to use. PCMark 10 features a comprehensive set of tests that cover the wide variety of tasks performed in the modern workplace. With express, extended, and custom run options to suit your needs, PCMark 10 is the complete PC benchmark for the modern office and an ideal choice for organizations that buy PCs in high volumes.
Unigine 2 – Superposition (1080p Extreme)
Extreme performance and stability test for PC hardware: video card, power supply, cooling system. Check your rig in stock and overclocking modes with real-life load! Also includes interactive experience in a beautiful, detailed environment.
CINEBENCH is a real-world cross platform test suite that evaluates your computer’s performance capabilities. CINEBENCH is based on MAXON’s award-winning animation software Cinema 4D, which is used extensively by studios and production houses worldwide for 3D content creation. MAXON software has been used in blockbuster movies such as Iron Man 3, Oblivion, Life of Pi or Prometheus and many more. CINEBENCH is the perfect tool to compare CPU and graphics performance across various systems and platforms (Windows and OS X).
ATTO Disk Benchmark
ATTO has created a widely-accepted Disk Benchmark freeware software to help measure storage system performance. As one of the top tools utilized in the industry, Disk Benchmark identifies performance in hard drives, solid state drives, RAID arrays as well as the host connection to attached storage.
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software.It measure sequential reads/writes speed,measure random 512KB, 4KB, 4KB (Queue Depth=32) reads/writes speed, select test data (Random, 0Fill, 1Fill), provide theme support and Multi-Language support.
I was able to hit an easy 5.0Ghz on all cores with ease and the temps were pretty high while running Cinebench20. I will note 5.1 was not stable with 1.4v and half the time it would go into a boot loop. And the temps at 5.0GHz speak for themselves.
Better than my results with the Z490 but still a no go when simply trying to use the 4800MHz XMP profile. I had to enable XMP, manually change to 4600 and then set VCCIO to 1.3v, System Agent Voltage to 1.5v, and set the RAM Voltage to 1.5. If I waivered from those values what so ever it would not boot. And because this board has no CMOS button, shorting the jumper became no fun, fast.
The gaming benchmarks were almost negligible when I was overclocked. The CPU score was higher but the over score was not really impacted.
The Cinebench20 score was higher at 6149 vs a 5814 vs stock settings.
The USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C connector on the Motherboard
This quite simply the best thing about this board. These are speeds just as fast as using the expansion card that came with the Vision Drive 1TB kit. This port on the motherboard eliminates the need of having to use anything extra. Simply plug it in and you are flying at amazing transfer speeds. On this particular mother board it is the USB-C plug that is in line with the ethernet jack. The other USB-C port does not offer these speeds.
Now lets move and see the Conclusion and Verdict!
Conclusion and Verdict
Now that I have had a chance to compare a Z490 and a Z590 chipset. I can easily say that the Z590 chipset handles the i9 11900K a little better. The RAM was able to achieve higher speeds and there was a small increase in benchmark scores. Not much when it came to gaming but the Cinebench20 score was slightly better on the Z590. Which honestly isn’t surprising because this is the chipset you should be using if you want to fully utilize the new 11th gen processors. The Vision lineup is aimed to please when it comes to the amount of storage and the speed it is capable of. This board has 4 m.2 slots and the USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C connector is simply amazing. Its like having a 2×2 expansion card built in. Each m.2 slot is cooled with heatsinks and thermal pads. Which is nice if you are constantly using those drives. The VRM cooling just as good as something you would find on any other board. The large aluminum heat sinks provide plenty of cooling. As you can see in the pictures. This motherboard has a clean and simple look. Most of what you see is a white and brushed aluminum. The PCB is black and provides a nice contrast between the other parts of the board. This makes the white aluminum really stand off the board. And for those of you that can’t go with RGB there is a very small section on the header cover that has a lighting accent that is subtle yet noticeable.
Well that could of probably been predicted, the Z590 chipset is better suited for the i9 11900K compared to the Z490. While the new 11th gen worked just fine in the Z490 I was using. You could just tell the system was easier to setup and use. The RAM compatibility was better and some of the scores where also better. So if I had to choose I would opt for a Z590 over a Z490 any day of the week. The only feature I missed on this board was a CMOS button. Those should be on every board in my opinion. One other thing to note is the second PCIe slot is only a 16×4. So if you have a SDD or anything else that requires a 16×8 it wont work. But that is something you can find on the Z590 VISION D if that is must have for you. The only thing I need to round out this motherboard is a gen4 m.2. I have yet to get my hands on one of those. But as soon as I do I will update this review with those results!
The Gigabyte Z590 VISION G can be found on Amazon as well as other various e-tailers for around $279.99 USD.
- x4 M.2 slots with Heatsinks and Thermal Pads
- The USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C connector on other board is capable of 2000 MB/s transfer speeds
- VRM Design
- Great Aesthetics
- Even has a subtle RGB accent on header cover
- Different look but basically the same bios setup as the Gaming motherboards
- No wi-fi
- No CMOS button
- Doesn’t support x8 in second PCIe slot